Hair modelling is often overlooked as a form of modelling. Hair exhibitions are popular across the country, and hair models are in high demand as well. Hair modelling could be a lucrative career option for models with long, glossy hair. It’s imperative for male hair models to have a visually stunning appearance as well as long, shiny hair. So, if one wants to be a hair model, then how to become a hair model?
When it comes to becoming a hair model it’s a long process. Women’s first and most basic needs are long, glossy hair and a well-built body. Model certification and working with agencies are the next steps in the process of securing endorsements. Your career will take off if you land works on television shows or in product endorsements.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about hair modelling.
What is a Hair Modeling?
Hair models are in high demand in the fashion industry, and the field of hair modelling as a whole is growing in popularity. A “hair model” is someone who models hairstyles for hair salons, hairstylists, as well as companies that produce hair care products like shampoo and conditioner.
Between 2008 and 2018, the number of career options for hair models grew by 16 per cent. It’s growing at a rapid pace as of today.
Both men and women are needed as models to promote hair care products. In the hair care industry, hair models are used by Tresemme, GHD, Herbal Essences, and Tony & Guy.
How much do hair models make?
Because hair marketing models are paid on a per-task basis, there will always be a fluctuation in their earnings. As a result, hair models can make anywhere from $100 to $10,000 per job. In the United States, the average daily wage is approximately $230.
Models typically earn between $30,000 and $40,000 per year. Yes, hair modelling is a lucrative career choice.
Some of the famous hair models of all time
For the most part, body part models, particularly hair models, are not well-known. Other than their hairstyles, some supermodels have gained notoriety for their overall appearances. They include:
- Twiggy’s elfin pixie cut was hugely popular in the 1960s.
- Grace Jones’s razor-sharp ‘do
- Bands from the 1990s, including Linda Evangelista,
- Platinum-blonde-haired Agyness Deyn
How to become a hair model?
To be a successful hair model, you need more than just good looks and long, thick hair. Additional qualities, such as professionalism and interaction with established agencies, are also necessary.
An in-depth look at the entire process of becoming a hair model:
1) Check your hair’s condition
The height or weight of a hair model is not a prerequisite for employment. All you really need for hair modelling is a healthy head of hair. So the first step is to take a good look at your hair.
A visit to the hairdresser might also be required. The hairstyles of hair models should be neat and tidy.
2) Use the best products for your hair
Good hair care products are just as important as hair styling and trimming. When it comes to shampoo and conditioner, most people don’t give much thought to the quality of their products. Hair models, on the other hand, need to be able to get their hands on these supplies.
In addition to shampoo and conditioner, you can use styling products such as leave-in conditioners, nourishing oils, and hairspray to improve the appearance of your hair.
3) Create your portfolio
All hair models, male or female, are required to have a professional portfolio of their images. As a matter of fact, it can make or break a phone call.
Submissions for hair models should include both front and back headshots, along with a few images of their hair. Your hair texture, colour, length, and most recent haircut should be included in the information you include on your resumes.
4) Try getting model training
An education isn’t necessary to succeed in the modelling industry, but you do need modelling skills and business knowledge.
Models who want to become hairstylists or television presenters may want to consider specialised training.
5) Gain Experience from small events
Asking around can help you find out if your local salon is looking for hair models or if there are any upcoming events for new trainees. Searching the internet for hair product manufacturers’ requirements for models can also be helpful.
These assignments will help you improve your hair modelling abilities and land more jobs in the future.
6) Contact a Modeling Agent or Agency
Casting directors, fashion designers, professional photographers, and other members of the fashion industry work together with modelling agencies. As well as managing their clients’ auditions, photoshoots, and travel plans, agents frequently negotiate contracts on their behalf.
One must therefore contact a modelling agency or an agent in order to begin the process of finding work as a hair model.
7) Promote yourself on Social Media
If you want casting directors and agents to see your work, post it on social media. No one will be paying attention to your story at this point, and that’s expected. When it comes to getting noticed, posting pictures of yourself online and keeping it going for a long period of time is the best strategy.
8) Keep hustling
Then, keep searching for hair modelling jobs on company websites, through agencies, and in the hair modelling industry. You’ll be well-known in no time if you keep up the good work.
How to become a male hair model?
The first and most critical step in becoming a male hair model is to have stunning hair. The face of a male hair model is just as important as the head when it comes to creating the perfect hairstyle.. A full, even beard is recommended for male models who want to flaunt their facial hair.
Continue reading if you’d like to be a male hair model!
- Before you do anything else, take a look in the mirror at the condition of your hair and face. There are no additional prerequisites at this time.
- In addition, you’ll have to shell out cash for salon-quality haircuts and styling, as well as high-quality hair care products. Face and hair care products are essential for men.
- Style your hair in a way that makes it appear natural, free-flowing, and neat. A man’s beard is just as important as the rest of his body. A longer beard will give you more flexibility in terms of styling it to fit your modelling needs since the length can vary depending on the task at hand.
- Take a few pictures as soon as you’re satisfied with your final appearance. Do your best to capture yourself with your hair and face in their most natural state by snapping a few photos.
- To be a successful model, you need to have a lot of natural talent. In order to attend a modelling school, you will need to have the money. One of the prerequisites for breaking into the modelling industry is completing an extensive training programme.
- To be successful in the hair modelling industry, you’ll need to work with a reputable agency. With an agency, finding a job is much easier.
- If you want to be a model, you need to put yourself out there. Start looking for local performances to see if you can find any. Participate in as many auditions as you are able.
To become a male hair model, you’ll need to put in the time and effort, as well as hustle constantly.
How to become a hair model on Instagram?
If you want to start a career as a hair model, Instagram is a great place to start. Approach casting directors, casting agents and modelling agencies with a yes. You may be able to land a job as a hair model with them.
The following are the steps to becoming an Instagram hair model:
- You can use Instagram to showcase your hair in all its glory.
- Determine whether or not your Instagram account is accessible to the public. Keep in mind that a potential employer may read the content and wording of your images.
- Modelling agencies use Instagram to find new faces, so don’t forget to include their handles when posting your photos.
- Include a wide range of images in your portfolio to demonstrate your breadth of experience. Modelling agencies are looking for photos that show off your facial features, hair, and ability to pose in a variety of situations.
- To get noticed by modelling agency representatives, show off your natural beauty and personality in your photographs. Do not overprocess your images.
- To get noticed on Instagram, it is best to have a large social media following. As a result, your primary goal should be to increase your fan base.
- Other options include sending a direct message to the Instagram account of a modelling agency. If you read this, a hair-modelling agency is more than likely to contact you.
You can work as a hair model on Instagram and get paid through modelling agencies if you follow these steps.
How to become a hair model for commercials?
In order to work in commercials or as a product endorser, you’ll need to have both amazing hair and modelling skills. In order to work as a hair model for commercials, you’ll also have to take acting classes.
If you’re interested in becoming a hair model for commercials, here are some other things to consider.
- Keep an eye on the condition of your hair.
- Make a collection of your work.
- At the same time, learn how to be both a model and an actor.
- You’ll need the help of an agent to build your brand and secure gigs, so reach out and find one today.
- You can get your name out there by using social media.
Priority should be given to your appearance and acting skills. With a representative, you will have a better chance of securing advertising. Keep up the good work!
Fashioning one-of-a-kind hairstyles without having to make an expensive salon appointment is something that many people enjoy doing for the novelty and versatility it provides.
When it comes to working in a studio, on a catwalk, or even in front of a live audience or film set, they appreciate the variety of the work and are at ease with the idea of flaunting a unique style.
It’s true that hair modelling is a rewarding career, but it’s also a gruelling one that requires a lot of time and effort.
We hope you found this article useful and educational. If you have anything to add, please do so in the comments section below.
Thank you for stopping by!